INVITATION FOR THE PUBLIC CONSULTATION MEETING, SUBMISSION OF COMMENTS ON THE ANNUAL REPORT 2014 – 2015, PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO THE IDP SCORECARD 2015 – 2016 AND NOTICE OF PLACEMENT OF THE MID-YEAR PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT REPORT 2015 – 2016 ON THE CITY OF TSHWANE WEBSITE
The Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, Act 108 of 1996, states the following:
· Section 152(1) (e) – That municipalities are obliged to encourage the involvement of communities and community organisations in local government.
· Section 195 (1) (e) – That in terms of the basic values and principles governing public administration, people’s needs must be responded to and the public must be encouraged to participate in policy making.
Section 3 of the Local Government: Municipal Planning and Performance Management Regulations of 2001 requires municipalities to make proposed amendments to their Integrated Development Plan (IDP) available for public comment.
Section 127(5)(a) of the Municipal Finance Management Act (Act 56 of 2003) requires municipalities to publicise their annual report and invite the local community to make representations on the report after it has been tabled at a Council meeting.
Section 75 of the latter Act also requires municipalities to publicise on their websites their mid-year performance assessment report developed in terms of section 72 of the Act after it has been tabled at a Council meeting.
The City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality tabled its Annual Report for 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2015 and its Mid-year Performance Assessment Report for 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016 (including amendments to the IDP scorecard for 2015/16) at its Council meeting on 28 January 2016.
The Chairperson of Municipal Public Accounts Committee Cllr. Oscar Mathafa hereby invites all community members, community- based organisations and interest groups to a public consultation meeting on the Annual Report in accordance with Section 130 of the Local Government Municipal Finance Management Act read together with Section 20 of the Municipal Systems Act. Business and the media are welcome to attend the meeting in order to observe proceedings and be informed of developments in the City of Tshwane. The meeting will be held as follows:
Date : Saturday, 20 February 2016
Venue : Tshwabac (Pretoria Showgrounds)
Time : 10h00
Copies of the Mid-year Performance Assessment Report, including proposed amendments to the IDP scorecard, and copies of the Annual Report will be available on the City of Tshwane’s public website (http://www.tshwane.gov.za).
Copies of these documents may also be viewed at customer care centres and municipal libraries.
Representations and/or submission of comments:
1. Written comments can be submitted to the Office of the Speaker at Room 227, 2nd floor, HB Phillips Building, Corner Bosman and Francis Baard Streets, Pretoria.
2. Alternatively, written comments or representations can be submitted to the Office of the City Manager, Room 14017, 14th Floor, Isivuno House, 143 Lilian Ngoyi Street, Pretoria.
3. Written comments or representations may also be submitted in the public consultation meeting, or after the meeting, to any of the regional offices for the attention of the Regional Executive Director.
For more information, please phone 012 358 1311.
All representations and/or comments must be in writing.
Closing date for submissions: 18 March 2016 at 12:00
Issued by: Mr Mapiti Matsena
Strategic Executive Head: Secretariat of Council
Office of the Speaker